Smart deployment of technology in the transportation services market opens new opportunities for the market’s growth
Transportation services companies depend highly on the health of the global economy because of fixed costs in the industry. Therefore, the profitability of companies involved in the transportation services industry depends on efficient operations and on favorable fuel and labour costs. While large companies enjoy economies of scale in the ability to provide more extensive services, small companies can compete only by serving local or regional areas .
The transportation services market consists of sales of transportation services and warehousing and storage facilities by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that move people or goods from one place to another for an amount or fee and/or provide warehousing and storage facilities to store goods. Transportation services include air, rail, road, water and pipeline transportation of both goods and people.
Transportation Services Market Coverage
The Business Research Company covers 68 markets overall in the transportation services market providing global market numbers, market growth, market-specific drivers and restraints, trends, and other market specific information. The transportation services market is segmented in the following manner:
- 1.Air Transportation
The air transportation services market consists of sales of air transportation services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that use aircraft, such as airplanes and helicopters to provide air transportation services of passengers and/or cargo. It includes services offered by both scheduled and nonscheduled air carriers, but scenic and sightseeing air transportation and air courier services are not included within the air transportation market.
- 1.1.Passenger Air Transportation
- 1.2.Chartered Air Transportation
- 1.3.Air Cargo Services
- 2.General Transportation
The general transportation services market consists of sales of general transportation services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that provide local general freight trucking. General freight establishments handle a wide variety of commodities, generally palletized and transported in a container or van trailer.
- 2.1.Sightseeing Transportation & Support Activities For Transportatin
- 2.2.Couriers and Messengers
- 2.3.Postal Services
- 3.Pipeline Transportation
The pipeline transportation market consists of sales of pipeline transportation services, by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that use transmission pipelines to transport products, such as crude oil, natural gas, refined petroleum products, and slurry. This industry includes the storage of natural gas because the storage is usually done by the pipeline establishment and because a pipeline is inherently a network in which all the nodes are interdependent.
- 3.1.Crude Oil Pipeline Transportation
- 3.2.Natural Gas Pipeline Transportation
- 3.3.Refined Petroleum Products Pipeline Transportation
- 3.4.Others - Pipeline Transportation
- 4.Rail Transportation
The rail transportation market consists of sales of rail transportation services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that use trains to provide transport for passengers and/or cargo. Railroads operate either on networks with physical facilities, labour forces, and equipment spread over a wide geographic area, or operate over a short distance on a local rail line.
- 4.1.Passenger Rail Transportation
- 4.2.Rail Freight
- 5.Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
The transit and ground passenger transportation market consists of sales of transit and ground passenger transportation services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that provide a variety of passenger transportation services, such as urban transit systems, chartered buses, school buses, and interurban bus transportation.
- 5.1.Commuter Rail and Public Bus Services
- 5.2.Taxi and Limousine Services
- 5.3.School and Employee Bus Services
- 5.4.Charter Bus Services
- 5.5.Others - Transit and Ground Passenger Transportation
- 6.Truck Transportation
The truck transportation market consists of sales of truck transportation services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that provide over-the-road transportation of cargo using motor vehicles, such as trucks and tractor trailers. This market does not include household and office goods transportation services, which is a specialized industry.
- 6.1.General Freight Trucking
- 6.2.Specialized Freight Trucking
- 7.Warehousing and Storage
The warehousing and storage market consists of sales of warehousing and storage services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that operate warehousing and storage facilities for bonded merchandize, general merchandize, refrigerated goods and other warehouse products. These establishments generally handle goods in containers, such as boxes, barrels, and/or drums, using equipment, such as forklifts, pallets, and racks. They are not specialized in handling bulk products of any particular type, size, or quantity of goods or products.
- 7.1.General Warehousing and Storage
- 7.2.Refrigerated Warehousing and Storage
- 7.3.Specialized Warehousing and Storage
- 7.4.Farm Product Warehousing and Storage
- 8.Water Transportation
The water transportation market consists of sales of water transportation services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that provide water transportation of passengers and cargo using watercraft, such as ships, barges, and boats.
- 8.1.Deep Sea, Coastal, and Great Lakes
- 8.2.Inland Water Transportation
How Can We Help?
The Business Research Company`s Transportation Services Market Research Practice provides marketing, planning and strategy departments with a wider range of market, business, customer and competitor intelligence services across different segments of the transportation services industry. The transportation services market research services and solutions The Business Research Company provides are as follows —
- Transportation Services Market Sizing, Forecast and Trend Analysis
- Transportation Services Market Competitor Analysis
- Transportation Services Market Supply Chain Analysis
- Transportation Services Market Customer Research
- Transportation Services Market Partner or Distribution Research
- Transportation Services Market Entry Strategy Research Study
- Transportation Services Industry Analysis and Profiling
- Transportation Services Market Regulations