Herbicides was the largest segment in the pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market with a 54.5% share of the market, worth $0.8billion. Fungicides was the second largest segment with a 41.5% share of the pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market.
UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Global Report 2017 from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for pesticide and other agricultural chemicals? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The pesticide and other agricultural chemicals global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers all the regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market section of the report gives context.
Markets covered: Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides and Others
Companies mentioned: Syngenta AG, Yara International ASA, Bayer Corporation, The Mosaic Company, BASF SE, Dow Chemical Company, Mosanto, China National Chemical Corporation (Chemchina)
Regions: Western Europe
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Expenditure Per Capita.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
1. Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Characteristics 6
2. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market 8
2.1. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Overview 8
2.1.1. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 10
2.1.2. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 11
2.1.3. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market, Percentage Of GDP, 2012 – 2020 12
3. Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Trends And Strategies 13
Increase In Adjuvants Usage 13
Adoption of Biopesticides 13
Increase In Counterfeit Pesticides 13
4. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Segmentation 14
4.1. UK Market Size By Segment 14
4.2. UK Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market, 2012 - 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Segment 15
4.3. Herbicides 16
4.3.1. Market Characteristics 16
4.3.2. Market Trends And Strategies 16
4.4. Insecticides 18
4.4.1. Market Characteristics 18
4.4.2. Market Trends And Strategies 18
4.5. Fungicides 20
4.5.1. Market Characteristics 20
4.5.2. Market Trends And Strategies 20
6. Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Global Context 22
6.1. Historic Market Growth 22
6.1.1. Drivers of the Market 23
Emerging Markets Growth 23
Low Interest Rate Environment 23
6.1.2. Restraints on the Market 23
High R&D Costs 23
Alternative Techniques 23
Erratic Rainfall 23
6.2. Forecast Market Growth 24
6.2.1. Drivers of the Market 24
Economic Growth 24
Food Waste 25
6.2.2. Restraints on the Market 25
Effect on Environment 25
Reduction In Free Trade 25
7. Global Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals PESTLE Analysis 26
7.1. Political 26
7.2. Economic 27
7.3. Social 27
7.4. Technological 27
7.5. Legal 28
7.6. Environmental 28
8. Global Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Competitive Landscape 29
8.1. Company Profiles 30
8.2. China National Agrochemical Corporation 30
8.2.1. Overview 30
8.2.2. Products And Services 30
8.2.3. Strategy 31
8.2.4. Financial Performance 31
8.3. Bayer AG 31
8.3.1. Overview 31
8.3.2. Products And Services 31
8.3.3. Strategy 32
8.3.4. Financial Performance 32
8.4. Dow DuPont Inc. 33
8.4.1. Overview 33
8.4.2. Products And Services 33
8.4.3. Strategy 34
8.4.4. Financial Performance 34
8.5. BASF SE 36
8.5.1. Overview 36
8.5.2. Products And Services 36
8.5.3. Strategy 36
8.5.4. Financial Performance 37
8.6. United Phosphorus Limited 38
8.6.1. Overview 38
8.6.2. Products And Services 38
8.6.3. Strategy 38
8.6.4. Financial Performance 39
8.7. Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd. 40
8.7.1. Overview 40
8.7.2. Products And Services 40
8.7.3. Strategy 40
8.7.4. Financial Performance 40
9. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Pesticide And Other Agricultural Chemicals Market 42
Research Methodology 43
Research Inquiries 44
The Business Research Company 44
UK pesticide and other agriculture market is the seventh largest in the world. It currently has about 1.0% share of the global pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market. The market in UK grew at a CAGR of 5.38% in the historic period and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.26 % in the forecast period.
Herbicides was the largest segment in the pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market with a 54.5% share of the market, worth $0.8billion. Fungicides was the second largest segment with a 41.5% share of the pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market. Insecticides was the third largest segment with a 4% share of the pesticide and other agricultural chemicals market.
Safety Regulations Leading to Product Development
Companies in the insecticides industry are developing new products and improving product composition to make them safer for workers, farmers, plants, and the soil. Every year, companies globally introduce new products or brands to cater to different sets of audiences, insects, and industries. This translates to changes in the base solution, mode of application, and residue formation of the insecticide. For instance, in 2017, Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. developed Venerate XC, a chemical user-friendly liquid microbial-based solution, which is to be used as an integrated pest management (IPM) with a minimal four-hour re-entry interval (REI), and is under the MRL (maximum residue level) tolerance. The product is also non-toxic to fish, birds, and honeybees . In 2017, the Pesticide Registration and Control Division (PRCD), Ireland and the EU approved Isoclast, a new insecticide developed by Dow AgroSciences .
Please fill in your details. Our team will get back to you