Australia healthcare services market is expected to grow from over $115 billion in 2015 to over $122 billion in 2019. High life expectancy rate, advances in technology and increasing private health coverage are expected to drive the healthcare services market in the country. Healthcare services deal with medical and remedial care service. Healthcare services also include furnishing medicine, medical or surgical treatment, nursing, hospital service, dental service, optometrical service and other complementary health services.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare services market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Markets compared: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Equipment.
Companies mentioned: DaVita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Laboratory Corporation of America, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Cleveland Clinic, Brookdale Senior Living, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Sonic Healthcare Limited, Encompass home health and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
1. Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 10
2. Australia’s Healthcare Services Market 11
2.1 Australia Healthcare Services Market 11
2.1.1 Australia Healthcare Services Market Overview 11
2.1.2 Australia Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 12
2.1.3 Australia Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 13
2.1.4 Australia Market Size By Segment 14
2.1.5 Australia Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 16
2.1.6 Australia Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 17
3. Healthcare Services Market Size and Growth 19
3.1 Historic Market Growth 19
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 20
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 20
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 21
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 21
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 22
4. Porters Five Force Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 23
4.1 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 23
4.2 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 23
4.3 Threat Of New Entrants 23
4.4 Threat Of Substitutes 23
4.5 Industry Competition 23
5. PESTLE Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 24
5.1 Political 24
5.2 Economic 24
5.3 Social 24
5.4 Technological 24
5.5 Legal 25
5.6 Environmental 25
6. Healthcare Services Market Segmentation 26
6.1 Global Segmentation 26
6.2 Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities 28
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 28
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 29
6.3 Veterinary Services 30
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 30
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 30
6.4 Dental Services Market 32
6.4.1 Market Characteristics 32
6.4.2 Market Trends And Strategies 33
6.5 Physicians and Other Health Practitioners 35
6.5.1 Market Characteristics 35
6.5.2 Market Trends And Strategies 36
6.6 Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services 37
6.6.1 Market Characteristics 37
6.6.2 Market Trends And Strategies 37
6.7 Home Health And Residential Nursing Care Services 39
6.7.1 Market Characteristics 39
6.7.2 Market Trends And Strategies 40
6.8 Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers 41
6.8.1 Market Characteristics 41
6.8.2 Market Trends And Strategies 42
7. Healthcare Services Market Regional And Country Analysis 44
7.1 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Region 44
7.2 Global Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Region 45
7.3 Healthcare Services Market, 2015, By Country 47
7.4 Healthcare Services Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Country 49
8. Global Healthcare Services Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 51
8.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 51
8.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, Global 52
9. Healthcare Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 53
9.1 Healthcare Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 53
9.2 Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 54
9.3 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure, By Country 54
9.4 Per Household Average Healthcare Services Expenditure As A % Of Household Income 57
9.5 Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 59
9.6 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+),By Country 60
10. Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison 61
10.1 Hospitals By Country 61
10.2 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospitals Per 1 Million Population, By Country 62
10.3 Hospital Beds By Country 64
10.4 Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Capita Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per 1 Million Population, By Country 66
11. Global Healthcare Services Market Competitive Landscape 67
11.1 Company Profiles 68
11.2 National Health Service (NHS) 68
11.2.1 Overview 68
11.2.2 Financial Performance 69
11.3 DaVita 69
11.3.1 Overview 69
11.3.2 Products And Services 69
11.3.3 Strategy 69
11.3.4 Financial Performance 69
11.4 Mayo Clinic 71
11.4.1 Overview 71
11.4.2 Products And Services 71
11.4.3 Strategy 71
11.4.4 Financial Performance 71
11.5 LabCorp 73
11.5.1 Overview 73
11.5.2 Products And Services 73
11.5.3 Strategy 73
11.5.4 Financial Performance 73
11.6 Johns Hopkins Medicine 75
11.6.1 Overview 75
11.6.2 Products And Services 75
11.6.3 Strategy 75
11.6.4 Financial Performance 75
11.7 Quest Diagnostics 77
11.7.1 Overview 77
11.7.2 Products And Services 77
11.7.3 Strategy 77
11.7.4 Financial Performance 77
11.8 Cleveland Clinic 78
11.8.1 Overview 78
11.8.2 Products And Services 79
11.8.3 Strategy 79
11.8.4 Financial Performance 79
11.9 Sonic Healthcare 80
11.9.1 Overview 80
11.9.2 Products And Services 81
11.9.3 Strategy 81
11.9.4 Financial Performance 81
11.10 Brookdale Senior Living Inc 82
11.10.1 Overview 82
11.10.2 Products And Services 83
11.10.3 Strategy 83
11.10.4 Financial Performance 83
12. Healthcare Services Market Customer Information 85
12.1 Consumers Engagement With Healthcare Providers Is Increasing Rapidly 85
12.1.1 More Consumers Are Searching For Healthcare Related Information Online 85
12.1.2 Use Of Technology To Measure Fitness And Monitor Health Problems 85
12.2 Half Of The Population Consider Themselves To Be Overweight 85
12.2.1 Consumers Still Using Tried And Tested Methods T o Lose Weight 86
12.2.2 Low-Carb, High Fat Diet Is More Popular 86
12.2.3 Healthy Food Attributes 86
12.2.4 Healthy Foods Come At A Price 86
12.2.5 Age-Related Health Food Preferences 86
12.2.6 Changing Behavior Leading To Higher Sales 87
12.2.7 Packaging Influences Buying Decisions 87
12.2.8 Conclusion 87
12.3 Birth Of Healthcare Consumer 87
13. Healthcare Services Market Context 89
13.1 Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Healthcare Services Market 89
13.2 Research 90
13.2.1 Process Automation Is Reducing Mortality Rates And The Length Of Hospital Stays 90
13.2.2 Medical Errors Are the Third Most Common Cause Of Death 90
13.2.3 Physicians Opting For Management Led Organizations And Risk Based Payment Models 90
14. Market Background: Global Healthcare Market 91
14.1.1 Healthcare Market Characteristics 91
14.1.2 Global Healthcare Market Size And Comparisons 2015 92
14.1.3 Healthcare Market Segmentation 93
14.1.4 Healthcare Market, 2011 – 2019, Historic and Forecast, By Segment 94
14.1.5 Global Healthcare Market Historic Growth 94
14.1.6 Global Healthcare Market Forecast Historic Growth 96
14.1.7 Government Expenditure On Healthcare By Country, $ Billion 96
14.1.8 Share Of Government And Private Expenditure In Healthcare Market, By Country 98
14.1.9 Number Of Mergers And Acquisitions In The Healthcare Industry 99
15. Appendix 101
15.1 NAICS Definitions Of Industry Covered In This Report 101
15.2 Abbreviations 102
15.3 Currencies 102
15.4 Research Inquiries 103
15.5 The Business Research Company 103
15.6 Copyright and Disclaimer 103
Australia had the twelfth highest GDP in the world about $1.35 trillion accounting for 1.8% in $73 trillion global GDP. Australia had a population of 24 million that accounts for 0.3% of the global population. About 15% of Australia’s population were senior citizens (above 65 years old) and the average life expectancy rate was 82 years. The Department of Health in Australia is the regulatory body that oversees the running of health system in Australia. It offers universal and affordable services such as medical, pharmaceutical and hospital services.
Healthcare services comprise hospitals, nursing and community care facilities; home healthcare services; medical and diagnostic laboratories; veterinary services and residential mental health centers. It also includes offices of dentists, physicians and healthcare practitioners.
Healthcare services in hospitals comprise primary, secondary and tertiary care. Primary care is the first point of contact for an individual when they contract an illness, suffer an injury or experience symptoms of a known medical condition. It is an initial stage for receiving specialist care. Secondary Care when an individual who has been offered primary care is sometimes referred to a secondary care professional. The secondary care professional is a specialist offering solutions to a medical condition. Secondary care services include psychologic, psychiatric and orthopedics. Tertiary care – When a patient requiring specialized treatment and care within a hospital is hospitalized. In a hospital, professionals with expertise in a field carry out treatment of the patient. Tertiary care services include neurosurgery, cardiac surgery and cancer management.
Australia healthcare services market is expected to grow from over $115 billion in 2015 to over $122 billion in 2019. High life expectancy rate, advances in technology and increasing private health coverage are expected to drive the healthcare services market in the country.
Please fill in your details. Our team will get back to you