Brazil is the largest economy in Latin America and the world’s seventh largest economy in purchasing power parity. Brazil is the largest beef exporter in the world since 2008. The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply (MAPA) Brazil is responsible for the trade of animals and animal products. The ministry is working towards widening the market for animal products and meat production by inspecting, maintaining and preserving animal health and welfare. Veterinary services provide healthcare for animals – especially pets, farm animals, and animals kept in zoos and wildlife parks. This market comprises licensed veterinary practitioners who practice veterinary medicine, dentistry or surgery for animals.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for veterinary services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The veterinary services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The veterinary services market section of the report gives context. It compares the veterinary services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population across selected countries.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Animal Hospitals and Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: VCA (all based in the US), Benfield Pet Hospital, Greencross Vets (Australia), CVS Group (UK), The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, The Animal Medical Center and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
1. Veterinary Services Market Characteristics 8
Animal hospitals 8
Veterinary surgical services 8
Veterinary laboratory testing services 8
Veterinary clinics 8
2. Brazil’s Veterinary Service Market 9
2.1. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Market 9
2.1.1. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 9
2.1.2. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 11
2.1.3. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 12
2.1.4. Brazil’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 13
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 13
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 13
2.1.5. Brazil’s Market Size By Animal Type 14
2.1.6. Brazil’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 15
3. Veterinary Services Market Global Context 16
3.1 Veterinary Services Market Size and Growth 16
3.2 Historic Market Growth 16
3.2.1 Drivers Of The Market 17
Emerging Markets Growth 17
Increased Pet Spending 17
Increased Pet Ownership By Gen X and Gen Y adults 17
Certification To Export Meat Products – 17
3.2.2 Restraints On The Market 17
Shortage of Veterinarians 17
Lack Of Governmental Support 18
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 18
3.3.1 Drivers Of The Market 19
Economic Growth 19
Wildlife Conservation 19
Rising Livestock Population 19
More Stringent Livestock Regulations 19
3.3.2 Restraints On The Market 19
Interest Rate Increases 19
Global Warming 19
4. Porter’s Five Forces Model 21
4.1 Threat Of New Entrants 22
4.2 Threat Of Substitutes 22
4.3 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 23
4.4 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 23
4.5 Industry Competition 24
5. PESTLE Analysis 25
5.1 Political Factors 25
5.2 Economic Factors 26
5.3 Social Factors 26
5.4 Technological Factors 27
5.5 Legal Factors 28
5.6 Environmental Factors 28
6. Veterinary Services Market Segmentation 29
6.1 Global Segmentation 29
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 29
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 29
6.2 Animal Hospitals 30
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 30
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 30
Big Data In Veterinary Care 30
Wearables’ To Monitor Pet Health 30
Premiumization Driving Veterinary Care Services 30
Stem Cells Therapy To Treat Animals 31
6.3 Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 31
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 31
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 32
Molecular Biology Advances Providing New Diagnostic Tools 32
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) For Early Detection 32
Handheld Technology For Medical Examinations 32
7. Veterinary Services Market Regional Analysis 33
7.1 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2016, By Region 33
7.2 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 34
8. Global Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Indicators 36
8.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 36
8.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, Global 37
9. Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 38
9.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 38
9.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, By Country 39
10. Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison 40
10.1 Animal Population by Country 40
10.2 Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, By Country, $ Billion 41
11. Global Veterinary Services Market Competitive Landscape 42
11.1 Company Profiles 43
11.2 VCA 43
11.2.1 Overview 43
11.2.2 Products And Services 43
11.2.3 Strategy 43
11.2.4 Financial Performance 43
11.3 Banfield Pet Hospital 44
11.3.1 Overview 44
11.3.2 Products And Services 44
11.3.3 Strategy 45
11.3.4 Financial Performance 45
11.4 Greencross Limited 45
11.4.1 Overview 45
11.4.2 Products And Services 45
11.4.3 Strategy 46
11.4.4 Financial Performance 46
11.5 CVS Group plc 47
11.5.1 Overview 47
11.5.2 Products And Services 47
11.5.3 Strategy 47
11.5.4 Financial Performance 48
11.6 The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital ASPCA 48
11.6.1 Overview 48
11.6.2 Financial Performance 49
11.7 The Animal Medical Center 50
11.7.1 Overview 50
11.7.2 Products And Services 50
11.7.3 Financial Performance 50
12. Veterinary Services Market Customer Information 52
13. Key Mergers and Acquisitions In The Veterinary Services Market 54
14. Veterinary Services Market Trends and Strategies 55
Electronic Health Records 55
Insurance Services Aiding Pet Owners 55
Specialty Services 55
Portable Technology 55
Industry Consolidation 55
15. Market Background: Global Healthcare Market 57
15.1.1 Healthcare Market Characteristics 57
15.1.2 Healthcare Market Historic Growth 58
15.1.3 Healthcare Market Forecast Growth 59
15.1.4 Healthcare Market Segmentation 60
15.1.5 Number Of Mergers And Acquisitions In The Healthcare Industry 61
15.1.6 Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 62
15.1.7 Healthcare Services Market Historic Growth 63
15.1.8 Healthcare Services Market Forecast Growth 64
15.1.9 Healthcare Services Market Segmentation 65
16. Appendix 67
16.1 NAICS Definitions Of Industry Covered In This Report 67
16.2 Abbreviations 68
16.3 Currencies 68
16.4 Research Methodology 68
16.5 Research Inquiries 69
16.6 The Business Research Company 70
16.7 Copyright and Disclaimer 70
The segments in the veterinary services market are ‘animal hospitals and veterinary clinics’ and ‘veterinary laboratory testing services’.
Veterinary services include animal hospitals, veterinary surgical services, veterinary laboratory testing services and veterinary clinics.
Animal hospitals provide medical aid and/or surgical treatment and accommodation for veterinary patients. Veterinary surgical services include procedures such as orthopedics, soft tissue surgery, and neurosurgery for animals. Veterinary laboratory testing services include laboratory services and diagnostics for testing for licensed veterinary practitioners. Veterinary clinics are facilities for examining animals to diagnose and provide treatment, sometimes but not necessarily including accommodation and surveillance.
Brazil is the largest economy in Latin America and the world’s seventh largest economy in purchasing power parity. Brazil is the largest beef exporter in the world since 2008. The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply (MAPA) Brazil is responsible for the trade of animals and animal products. The ministry is working towards widening the market for animal products and meat production by inspecting, maintaining and preserving animal health and welfare.
Brazil veterinary services market is expected to grow from around $0.45 billion in 2016 to around $0.60 billion in 2020. This can be attributed to continuous growth of livestock and pet populations and popularization of animal humanisation.
Portable Technology – Advances in diagnostic tools have improved veterinary services. Equipment such as portable x-ray and portable ultrasound scanners have increased the efficiency of veterinary treatment (especially in emergencies due to injury) for all equine/large animal, companion, exotic and mixed animal practices. For example, Wristscan V9, a diagnostic device, is being used for pregnancy tests for animals.
Please fill in your details. Our team will get back to you