Animal Medicines are used to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent diseases. Veterinary pharmaceutical companies produce both generic and branded drugs.
The global animal medicine market was valued at $18.1 billion in 2017. North America was the largest geographic region accounting for $8.0 billion or 44.1% of the global market. The USA was the largest country accounting for $5.0 billion or 27.6% of the global animal medicine market.
Veterinary pharmaceutical producers have started using Stem Cell Therapy as an animal medicine due to its excellent capabilities of healing arthritis or animal injury. Stem Cell Therapy is a process of injecting stem cell into the body of the animal to replace the damaged cells of the body. The injected stem cell is unspecialized and acquires the property of the cell that has to be replaced. It also divides itself into as many cells as required by the body. It enables to treat the bone and ligament injury, kidney and liver disease and some kinds of skin diseases.
The companies covered are Zoetis Inc.,Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH,Bayer AG.,Elanco Animal Health (Eli Lilly and Company), and Ceva Santé Animale.
The countries covered are USA, China, Germany, Brazil, Japan, UK, Spain, Russia, France, Australia, Italy, India and rest of the world.
The animal medicine market is segmented into Veterinary Pharmaceuticals; Feed Additives.
Veterinary Pharmaceuticals segment includes establishments that sell veterinary medicines for pet animals and farm animals.
- Veterinary Vaccines that sell veterinary vaccines for pet animals and farm animals.
- Veterinary Antibiotics that sell veterinary anti-biotics for pet animals and farm animals.
- Veterinary Parasiticides that sell veterinary paraciticides for pet animals and farm animals.
- Others - Veterinary Pharmaceuticals that sell veterinary medicines for pet animals and farm animals (except vaccines, antibiotics and parasiticides)
Feed Additives are food supplements for farm animals that cannot get enough nutrients from regular meals that the farmers provide and include vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids, and minerals.
- Medical Feed Additives is a food supplements for farm animals that are used as medicines for animals suffering from various diseases are medical feed additives.
- Nutritional Feed Additives is a food supplements for farm animals that have high nutritional value for animals are nutritional feed additives.