Australia is one of the largest exporters of livestock. Animal Health Australia, a not-for-profit public company established by the Australian Government, state and territory governments and livestock organizations, provides national animal health information system for disease surveillance. The Australian cattle industry is one of the country’s largest markets. 65% of Australia’s beef is production is exported to over 100 countries. Veterinary services provide healthcare for animals – especially pets, farm animals, and animals kept in zoos and wildlife parks. This market comprises licensed veterinary practitioners who practice veterinary medicine, dentistry or surgery for animals.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for veterinary services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The veterinary services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare services market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The veterinary services market section of the report gives context. It compares the veterinary services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population across selected countries.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Animal Hospitals and Veterinary Clinics, Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services.
Markets compared: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Companies mentioned: VCA (all based in the US), Benfield Pet Hospital, Greencross Vets (Australia), CVS Group (UK), The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital, The Animal Medical Center and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison, Pet Population.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
1. Veterinary Services Market Characteristics 8
Animal hospitals 8
Veterinary surgical services 8
Veterinary laboratory testing services 8
Veterinary clinics 8
2. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market 9
2.1. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market 9
2.1.1. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market Overview 9
2.1.2. Australia’s Veterinary Services Historic Market, 2012 – 2016 10
2.1.3. Australia’s Veterinary Services Forecast Market, 2016 – 2020 11
2.1.4. Australia’s Veterinary Services Market Size By Segment 12
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 12
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 12
2.1.5. Australia’s Market Size By Animal Type 13
2.1.6. Australia’s Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, 2012-2020, $ 14
3. Veterinary Services Market Global Context 15
3.1 Veterinary Services Market Size and Growth 15
3.2 Historic Market Growth 15
3.2.1 Drivers Of The Market 16
Emerging Markets Growth 16
Increased Pet Spending 16
Increased Pet Ownership By Gen X and Gen Y adults 16
Certification To Export Meat Products – 16
3.2.2 Restraints On The Market 16
Shortage of Veterinarians 16
Lack Of Governmental Support 17
3.3 Forecast Market Growth 17
3.3.1 Drivers Of The Market 18
Economic Growth 18
Wildlife Conservation 18
Rising Livestock Population 18
More Stringent Livestock Regulations 18
3.3.2 Restraints On The Market 18
Interest Rate Increases 18
Global Warming 18
4. Porter’s Five Forces Model 20
4.1 Threat Of New Entrants 21
4.2 Threat Of Substitutes 21
4.3 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 22
4.4 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 22
4.5 Industry Competition 23
5. PESTLE Analysis 24
5.1 Political Factors 24
5.2 Economic Factors 25
5.3 Social Factors 25
5.4 Technological Factors 26
5.5 Legal Factors 27
5.6 Environmental Factors 27
6. Veterinary Services Market Segmentation 28
6.1 Global Segmentation 28
Animal Hospitals And Veterinary Clinics 28
Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 28
6.2 Animal Hospitals 29
6.2.1 Market Characteristics 29
6.2.2 Market Trends And Strategies 29
Big Data In Veterinary Care 29
Wearables’ To Monitor Pet Health 29
Premiumization Driving Veterinary Care Services 29
Stem Cells Therapy To Treat Animals 30
6.3 Veterinary Laboratory Testing Services 30
6.3.1 Market Characteristics 30
6.3.2 Market Trends And Strategies 31
Molecular Biology Advances Providing New Diagnostic Tools 31
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) For Early Detection 31
Handheld Technology For Medical Examinations 31
7. Veterinary Services Market Regional Analysis 32
7.1 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2016, By Region 32
7.2 Global Veterinary Services Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 33
8. Global Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Indicators 35
8.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 35
8.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, Global 36
9. Veterinary Services Market Comparison With Macro Economic Factors Across Countries 37
9.1 Veterinary Services Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 37
9.2 Per Capita Average Veterinary Services Expenditure, By Country 38
10. Veterinary Services Indicators Comparison 39
10.1 Animal Population by Country 39
10.2 Average Veterinary Services Revenue Per Animal, By Country, $ Billion 40
11. Global Veterinary Services Market Competitive Landscape 41
11.1 Company Profiles 42
11.2 VCA 42
11.2.1 Overview 42
11.2.2 Products And Services 42
11.2.3 Strategy 42
11.2.4 Financial Performance 42
11.3 Banfield Pet Hospital 43
11.3.1 Overview 43
11.3.2 Products And Services 43
11.3.3 Strategy 44
11.3.4 Financial Performance 44
11.4 Greencross Limited 44
11.4.1 Overview 44
11.4.2 Products And Services 44
11.4.3 Strategy 45
11.4.4 Financial Performance 45
11.5 CVS Group plc 46
11.5.1 Overview 46
11.5.2 Products And Services 46
11.5.3 Strategy 46
11.5.4 Financial Performance 47
11.6 The Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital ASPCA 47
11.6.1 Overview 47
11.6.2 Financial Performance 48
11.7 The Animal Medical Center 49
11.7.1 Overview 49
11.7.2 Products And Services 49
11.7.3 Financial Performance 49
12. Veterinary Services Market Customer Information 51
13. Key Mergers and Acquisitions In The Veterinary Services Market 53
14. Veterinary Services Market Trends and Strategies 54
Electronic Health Records 54
Insurance Services Aiding Pet Owners 54
Specialty Services 54
Portable Technology 54
Industry Consolidation 54
15. Market Background: Global Healthcare Market 56
15.1.1 Healthcare Market Characteristics 56
15.1.2 Healthcare Market Historic Growth 57
15.1.3 Healthcare Market Forecast Growth 58
15.1.4 Healthcare Market Segmentation 59
15.1.5 Number Of Mergers And Acquisitions In The Healthcare Industry 60
15.1.6 Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 61
15.1.7 Healthcare Services Market Historic Growth 62
15.1.8 Healthcare Services Market Forecast Growth 63
15.1.9 Healthcare Services Market Segmentation 64
16. Appendix 66
16.1 NAICS Definitions Of Industry Covered In This Report 66
16.2 Abbreviations 67
16.3 Currencies 67
16.4 Research Methodology 67
16.5 Research Inquiries 68
16.6 The Business Research Company 69
16.7 Copyright and Disclaimer 69
Australia is one of the largest exporters of livestock. Animal Health Australia, a not-for-profit public company established by the Australian Government, state and territory governments and livestock organizations, provides national animal health information system for disease surveillance. The Australian cattle industry is one of the country’s largest markets. 65% of Australia’s beef is production is exported to over 100 countries.
The country is witnessing heavy return on investments in its cattle industry. According to Meat & Livestock Australia Limited (MLA), an Australian cattle, sheep and goat producers association and research firm, its investors are earning an average of $6 per day for every dollar spent at MLA. The association spent $997 million on R&D and marketing of beef from 2010-2015, which yielded returns of $6.17 billion. Australia’s cattle market is increasingly becoming an attractive investment globally.
Veterinary services include animal hospitals, veterinary surgical services, veterinary laboratory testing services and veterinary clinics.
Animal hospitals provide medical aid and/or surgical treatment and accommodation for veterinary patients. Veterinary surgical services include procedures such as orthopedics, soft tissue surgery, and neurosurgery for animals. Veterinary laboratory testing services include laboratory services and diagnostics for testing for licensed veterinary practitioners. Veterinary clinics are facilities for examining animals to diagnose and provide treatment, sometimes but not necessarily including accommodation and surveillance.
The segments in the veterinary services market are ‘animal hospitals and veterinary clinics’ and ‘veterinary laboratory testing services’.
Portable Technology – Advances in diagnostic tools have improved veterinary services. Equipment such as portable x-ray and portable ultrasound scanners have increased the efficiency of veterinary treatment (especially in emergencies due to injury) for all equine/large animal, companion, exotic and mixed animal practices. For example, Wristscan V9, a diagnostic device, is being used for pregnancy tests for animals.
Please fill in your details. Our team will get back to you