Brazil healthcare market is expected to grow from around $240 billion in 2016 to around $300 billion in 2020. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare market with other segments of the healthcare market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
1. Healthcare Market Characteristics 10
2. Brazil Healthcare Market 12
2.1 Brazil Healthcare Market 12
2.1.1 Brazil Healthcare Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Brazil Healthcare Historic Market, 2012-2016 13
2.1.3 Brazil Healthcare Forecast Market, 2016-2020 15
2.1.4 Brazil Market Size by Segment 16
2.1.5 Brazil Healthcare Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Segment, 2012 – 2020 17
2.1.6 Brazil Healthcare Services Market Size By Segment 18
2.1.7 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital, 2012-2020 21
2.1.8 Brazil Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, 2012-2020 22
3. Healthcare Market Global Context 25
3.1 Historic Market Growth 25
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 26
Health Insurance Reforms 26
Falling Oil Prices 26
Technology Development 26
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 26
Patent Expiration of Drugs 26
Low Healthcare Access 26
Government Regulations 26
Shortage Of Skilled Manpower 27
3.2 Healthcare Market Forecast 28
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 29
Aging Populations 29
Increase In Healthcare Access 29
Economic Growth 29
Changes in Lifestyles 29
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 29
Rising Cost 29
Reduction In Free Trade 29
Self-Care Diagnostics 30
Political Instability Driven By The Rise Of Authoritarian Rulers 30
4. Porters Five Force Model 31
4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers 32
4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers 32
4.3 Threat of New Entrants 33
4.4 Threat of Substitutes 34
4.5 Industry Competition 34
5. PESTLE Analysis 36
5.1 Political 37
5.2 Economic 37
5.3 Social 38
5.4 Technological 39
5.5 Legal 41
5.6 Environmental 42
6. Healthcare Market Segmentation 44
6.1. Global Segmentation 44
6.2. Global Healthcare Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By 2012-2020 45
6.3. Segmentation by Country 46
6.4. Healthcare Services 47
6.4.1. Market Characteristics 47
6.4.2. Market Trends and Strategies 48
Increase in Bundle Payments 48
Digital Tools Usage 48
More Power with Patients 49
Collaborations across Industries and Companies 49
6.5. Pharmaceutical 49
6.5.1. Market Characteristics 49
6.5.2. Market Trends and Strategies 50
Turning Away From Animal Testing 50
Increase In Personalized Medicine 50
Collaboration Driving Innovation 50
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 50
Rise of Biologics/Gene Therapy 50
Aggressive Pricing Changes in Some Drugs 51
6.6. Medical Equipment 51
6.6.1. Market Characteristics 51
6.6.2. Market Trends and Strategies 51
Self-Diagnosis/Treatment is Increasing 52
Technology and Analytics in Patient Care 52
Wearables and Mobile Applications 52
Shift to Service Contracts 52
7. Healthcare Market Regional and Country Analysis 54
7.1. Global Healthcare Market, 2016, By Region 54
7.2. Global Healthcare Market, 2012-2020, Historic and Forecast, By Region 55
7.3. Healthcare Market, 2016, By country 57
7.4. Healthcare Market, 2012- 2020, Historic and Forecast, By Country 58
8. Global Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factors 60
8.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, Global 60
8.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, Global 61
9. Healthcare Market Comparison with Macro Economic Factor Across Countries 62
9.1. Healthcare Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, By Country 62
9.2. Per Capita Average Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 63
9.3. Per Capita Average Healthcare Services Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 64
9.4. Per Capita Average Medical Equipment Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 65
9.5. Per Capita Average Pharmaceuticals Expenditure Per Annum, By Country 66
9.6. Average Household Healthcare Expenditure, By Country 67
9.7. Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 69
9.8. Healthcare Per Capita Expenditure Versus Proportion of Elderly Population (65+), By Country 70
10. Healthcare Market Indicators Comparison 71
10.1. Hospitals, By Country 71
10.2. Average Revenue Per Hospital, By Country 72
10.3. Hospital Beds, By Country 74
10.4. Average Revenue Per Hospital Bed Per Annum, By Country 75
11. Global Healthcare Market Competitive Landscape 77
11.1. Company Profiles 77
11.2. NHS 77
11.2.1. Overview 77
11.2.2. Products and Services 77
11.2.3. Financial Performance 77
11.3. Pfizer 77
11.3.1. Overview 78
11.3.2. Products and Services 78
11.3.3. Strategy 78
11.3.4. Financial Performance 79
11.4. Hoffmann-La Roche 80
11.4.1. Overview 80
11.4.2. Products and Services 80
11.4.3. Strategy 80
11.4.4. Financial Performance 81
11.5. GlaxoSmithKline 81
11.5.1. Overview 81
11.5.2. Products and Services 82
11.5.3. Strategy 82
11.5.4. Financial Performance 83
11.6. Merk & Co 84
11.6.1. Overview 84
11.6.2. Products and Services 84
11.6.3. Strategy 84
11.6.4. Financial Performance 85
11.7. Sanofi 86
11.7.1. Overview 86
11.7.2. Products and Services 86
11.7.3. Strategy 86
11.7.4. Financial Performance 87
11.8. Gilead Sciences 88
11.8.1. Overview 88
11.8.2. Products and Services 88
11.8.3. Strategy 88
11.8.4. Financial Performance 88
11.9. Novartis 89
11.9.1. Overview 89
11.9.2. Products and Services 89
11.9.3. Strategy 91
11.9.4. Financial Performance 91
11.10. Medtronic Plc 92
11.10.1. Overview 92
11.10.2. Products and Services 92
11.10.3. Strategy 92
11.10.4. Financial Performance 93
11.11. Johnson & Johnson 93
11.11.1. Overview 93
11.11.2. Products and Services 94
11.11.3. Strategy 94
11.11.4. Financial Performance 95
12. Healthcare Market Customer Information 97
Consumers Engagement with Healthcare Providers Is Increasing Rapidly 97
More Consumers Are Searching For Healthcare Related Information Online 97
Healthcare Providers Are Shifting from Fee Based Payments to Value-Based Payments 97
mHealth Technologies Adoption 97
Hospital Digitalization Is Saving Costs and Improving Life Expectancy 97
Consumers Engagement With Healthcare Providers Is Increasing Rapidly 98
More Consumers Are Searching For Healthcare Related Information Online 98
Use Of Technology To Measure Fitness And Monitor Health Problems 98
Consumers Are Moving Towards Private Dental Care 98
Adoption of Technology Aided Home Care 98
Use of Electronic Health Records in Long term or Post-Acute Care Providers (LTPAC) 99
Increasing Consumer’s Concerns On Drug Pricing 99
Increasing Concerns About Commercial Advertisements for Prescription Drugs 99
Veterinary Services Customer Information 99
Difficulty In Getting The Services Of Veterinarians During Emergencies 99
High Competition From Low Cost Providers 99
Pet Insurance Penetration In The USA Is Still Very Low 99
Cats And Dog Drugs Are Still Being Sold Mainly In Clinics 99
13. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in The Healthcare Market 100
14. Healthcare Market Trends and Strategies 102
Digitalization Of Medical Records 102
Introduction Of Healthcare Schemes 102
Personalized Health 102
Increase in Mergers and Acquisitions 102
Personalized Medicine 103
Printed Paper Diagnostics 103
15. Appendix 104
15.1.1. NAICS Definitions of Industries Covered in This Report 104
15.1.2. Abbreviations 105
15.1.3. Currencies 105
15.1.4. Research Methodology 106
15.1.5. Research Inquiries 107
15.1.6. The Business Research Company 107
15.1.7. Copyright and Disclaimer 107
Brazil is one of the few countries to have a universal and free public healthcare system. Its national health system, Sistema Unico de Saude or the Unified Health System doesn’t charge any additional amounts to citizens covered by this plan. The healthcare service providers in Brazil have formed various associations to offer better medical services. For instance, Associação Médica Brasileira (Brazil Medical Association) is a national association of physicians in Brazil. It has around 0.14 million associates and is the second largest association in the Americas.
The healthcare industry is one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the world, and it has a direct effect on the quality of life of patients. The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare industry provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
The healthcare industry can broadly be segmented into three categories– pharmaceuticals, medical equipment/devices and health care services and facilities.
Brazil healthcare market is expected to grow from around $240 billion in 2016 to around $300 billion in 2020.
Printed Paper Diagnostics – Paper diagnostics can be used as replacement of color based tests on paper for the ease of use, storage and as effective cost measures. Assay wells are printed onto a piece of paper of the size of a postal stamp; samples such as blood, urine or sweat wick through the paper and color changes can be easily compared by users with the reference scale on the paper. It is a significant technology which can help access to 60% of the world population who do not have access to urban hospitals and medical infrastructure. Thus, this technique has scope to significantly expand the diagnostic reach and can expand the medical and diagnostic laboratories market.
Please fill in your details. Our team will get back to you